Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Farewell, 2020

 Well, this year was anything but what we expected.  A new decade. Even though this year was very hard, I wanted to end it with focusing on what I learned and how I've changed in 2020. 

Things I Learned in 2020 (in no particular order)

1. I am not in control. I didn't realize I like to feel like I have control until this year. I really have learned to tell God "Thy will be done."

2. Life is sometimes hard. I feel like overall, we're ok. But those grueling moments are what shows us how strong we can be with His help. Just like labor pains for a baby bring a beautiful human life into the world, so the pains of hard times give us new life and perspective. 

3. There is beauty all around. We just have to take the time to look for it. 

4. I don't NEED much.  The phrase "home is where the heart is" rings extra true this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment